Strawberry Cream Pie
Serves 8 to 10
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Makes one (9-inch) crust
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed Mi-Del® Honey Grahams
- 2 tbsp. raw cane sugar
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil or butter, melted
Pie Crust Directions
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In bowl, toss graham cracker crumbs with the sugar. Toss in oil or butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Bake until light golden, about 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
Strawberry Cream Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced fresh strawberries
- 5 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish, optional
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Combine strawberries, 3 tbsp. honey, and cornstarch in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring until fruit releases its juices and clear, thick glaze forms, about 5 minutes. Cool completely (it will begin to set; break up with spoon before adding to cream cheese mixture).
- Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup heavy cream until firm peaks form. In separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, remaining 2 tbsp. honey, and vanilla. Beat in the strawberry mixture. Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon the filling into cooled crust; smooth surface with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight or until firm. Garnish with sliced strawberries, if desired. Top with whipped cream before serving.